Ask Irwin a QuestionClick a question below to view the answer.
Circular Saw Blades
- Are Irwin cobalt drill bits coated like the titanium ones? If the cobalt bits are rockwell hardness 66 - 67 HRc, what hardness are the titanium bits? Once you sharpen a cobalt bit and the gold coating is gone, is it just a regular bit?
- How do I resharpen Irwin auger bits?
- How do I resharpen Speedbor flat bits?
- What is the recommended bit speed for flat bits? I am sure that the speed varies by bit diameter and wood species
- What is the function of the hole in an auger bit?
- Does the spade bit #88810 fit in the regular bit extensions #88702 that are not Quick-Change.
- I recently purchased an old 13 piece set of IRWIN Solid Centre Stem Auger Bits from a used tools store for use in a hand-brace. The bits came in a wooden box with a swing-out lower drawer, and a black descriptive label on the inside lid. The box label says "1 set 20 1-2 quarters". What do these numbers mean? The bit numbers are 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, and 16.
- How do you sharpen your 1"speedbor ship auger bit ?
Pliers and Adjustable Wrenches
Taps, Dies, & Sets
Utility Knives & Blades