IRWIN® Tools "Thank a Tradie" Promotion
Terms and Conditions
Eligibility and the Competition Period:
Who is Eligible to Enter:
- Entry is only open to Australian residents.
- Only registered and fully-qualified tradespeople, currently working in Australia can be nominated into the promotion (Eligible Entrant). Non-tradespeople are able to nominate a tradesperson into the promotion but are not eligible for any prize. Prize winners will be required to validate their trade qualifications.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter or of the agencies or companies associated with this competition are ineligible to enter.
The competition begins on Saturday 21st July 2012 and closes on Wednesday 19th September 2012 at 9.00pm AEDT(“Competition Period”). During the Competition Period this promotion will be conducted within every Australian state and territory.
How to enter the Major “Thank a Tradie” Competition:
Complete the “Thank a Tradie” promotional application form on IRWIN.com.au and accept the terms and conditions outlined. In 50 words or less explain why the person being nominated is a deserving tradesperson. The Promoter will judge each entry and choose a Major Prize Winner based on the explanation provided by the nominator. The winning tradesperson will be notified by telephone, and their name will be published on IRWIN.com.au on Tradesmen Day – 21st September 2012.
How to enter the Weekly Competitions:
Eligible Entrants who are nominated in the Major Competition will automatically be entered in a weekly competition. Each week during the Competition Period, One (1) Eligible Entrant who enters in that particular week, will receive an IRWIN® Prize Pack. Each week the judging panel will review the weekly entries and determine winner. Weekly winners will be notified by telephone, and their name will be published on Facebook at 11am AEDT on the following days:
- Monday 23 July, 2012
- Monday 30 July, 2012
- Monday 6 August, 2012
- Monday 13 August, 2012
- Monday 20 August, 2012
- Monday 27 August, 2012
- Monday 3 September, 2012
- Monday 10 September, 2012
- Monday 17 September, 2012
- Friday 21 September, 2012
Each draw will be conducted at 10am AEDT on the relevant day at 500 Princes Hwy Noble Park, Victoria. Winners will be notified by phone or email as soon as the winners are selected by the judging panel.
The Major Prize winner will receive a cheque for AUD$10,000. The winning tradesperson will be notified by telephone, and their name will be published on IRWIN.com.au on Tradesmen Day – 21st September 2012.
Minor Prize Draw:
Each Minor Prize winner will receive: an AUD$500 retail value IRWIN® product pack. Minor Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. The 10 x weekly Minor Prizes are IRWIN® product packs to the retail value of AUD$500. Total Minor Prize pool valued at AUD$5,000.
- Information regarding prizes and how to enter forms part of these conditions. By entering, entrants accept these conditions.
- There is one (1) Major Prize winner to be announced on National Tradesmen Day (September 21, 2012). The Major Prize winner will receive: a cheque for AUD$10,000. There is one (1) Minor Prize winner each week for ten (10) weeks. Overall total prize pool is valued at AUD$15,000.
- This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. Winners will be selected by a panel of judges based on the merits of the nomination. Submissions which demonstrate quality workmanship, great pride, professional excellence, stretch thinking and above-and-beyond levels of service will be viewed favourably. The judging panel’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Of all submissions received between July 21st 2012 and September 19th 2012, the best entry, as voted by the panel of judges will be awarded the Major Prize.
- To enter the Prize Draw, Eligible Entrants must visit the IRWIN.com.au and nominate a tradesperson that has demonstrated a job well done and tell us about this memorable moment in 50 words or less. Entries to the Prize Draw must be received during the Competition Period and within these Terms and Conditions of entry. Failure to abide by the Terms and Conditions will result in an invalid entry (and, at the Promoter’s discretion, in all of the entrant’s entries being invalid). Error and omissions accepted at the Promoter’s discretion.
- Multiple entries permitted, providing they are substantially unique and entered separately, in accordance with the entry requirements.
- When an entrant submits any materials via the promotion including comments, unless the Promoter advises otherwise, licenses and grants the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such Content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights.
- Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for the Content they submit. The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that: (a) the entry submitted is an original work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party; (b) they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication; (c) they will obtain prior consent from any person or property that appears in their Content; (d) they will obtain full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Content, to the uses and terms herein; (d) their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity; and (e) they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computer or communication systems.
- The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify all entries from, and prohibit further participation in this competition by, any person who tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the competition or acts in violation of these conditions, provides false information or acts in a disruptive manner, acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the above terms.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted or otherwise.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition or accepting or using any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these conditions of entry, the entry will be discarded and a new winner of that prize will be determined by drawing a further valid entry. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If a winner of any prize is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s nominated parent/guardian on the winner’s behalf.
- In the event of any of the prizes not being accepted or claimed within 30 days, each relevant winners entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter reserves the right to conduct such further draws for all forfeited prizes on Monday 22nd October 2012 at 4pm AEST the same location as the original draw as are necessary to distribute the prizes, subject to any written directions given by any relevant authority.
- All entries will be the property of the Promoter. The information entrants provide will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting this competition. The Promoter may disclose entrants’ personal information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this competition. By entering the competition entrants are consenting that the Promoter use this information for future promotion and marketing purposes regarding the Promoter’s products, including contacting the entrant via email. The Promoter is bound by the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988. Entrants can request access to the personal information the Promoter holds about them by contacting the Promoter at the address below.
- The Promoter is IRWIN® Industrial Tool Company Pty Ltd ABN 30 005 543 966 of 500 Princes Hwy, Noble Park, Victoria 3174.